Promote Your Facebook Page in your Business
If you have a storefront, make sure you have some signs that promote your Facebook page. Let your customers know why they should like you, such as to get special offers, to see new products, to learn about events, etc. You can also print cards with your Facebook address for customers to take home. This will help to generate excitement and awareness of your Facebook page, which can equate to more likes and followers.
Add a Facebook Button to your Website
Adding a Facebook button on your website is key to the promotion of your business and to getting more Facebook followers. Most DIY website builders include the option to link your Facebook page, and Facebook also offers a number of easy-to-use plugins.
Promote your Page on Facebook
Promoting your business page on Facebook is another step you can take to getting more likes and follows. Facebook makes it easy to promote your page to potential customers in your area, for as little or as much spending as you like. Here is how it’s done:
- Go to your Facebook page. Click on the button Promote Page on the left-hand side of your page.
- Facebook creates the ad with images and text from your page, but you can make changes.
- Choose location, interest, age, and gender to match your target audience. You can even target your local zip codes.
- Choose your budget and timeframe. Start with a low budget of $20 and set it up to run for a few days. This will give you an indication of success and allows you to increase the budget or stop the promotion at any time.
Invite Friends and Customers to Your Facebook Page
Another easy strategy for getting more Facebook business page likes and follow is to reach out to your biggest fans— your friends and existing customers. If you have not done so, we highly recommend spending a few minutes to invite your biggest fans. This helps plant the seed for getting your messages out to the right audience.
How to Suggest Your Page to Email Contacts
You can also suggest your page to a list of email contacts in Facebook. Here’s how:
- Make sure you’re logged in as yourself and not as the Page Administrator, in order for the options to appear.
- Open your business page in Facebook.
- Click on the 3 dots and then select Suggest Page.
- Either upload a file of your customer contacts and prospects, or upload contacts directly from your email marketing tool (Facebook will show you the options). Once that’s done, your contacts who are on Facebook can see your page Facebook under Recommended Pages. If your email contacts aren’t on Facebook, they won’t see your suggestion.
Suggest Your Page to Your Friends
To invite your friends to like your Page, select Invite Friends from the same drop-down menu.
- Choose a list or Search All Friends.
- Scroll through your friends and click Invite next to the friends you want to invite.
- The friends will then receive an invite to like your page.
Increase Your Facebook Activity
An active presence on Facebook is a sign of a healthy business to searching customers. When you post frequently on Facebook, you give potential customers confidence and assurance that your business is alive and well, as well as the ability to connect and relate. Increase your Facebook activity and give your audience the opportunity to like, follow, and share.
We understand that posting often to Facebook is time-consuming for your busy business, and it can be tricky to come up with ideas of what to post.